EMPLOYEE PRIVACY NOTICE
1. About this Notice
Sympa Oy (later “Sympa” or “we”) is committed to ensuring data protection and the confidentiality of personal data in its possession. This privacy notice describes how Sympa processes the personal data of job applicants. Would you have any questions related to our personal data processing, please contact Sympa’s Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Controller and Contact Information
Data Controller: Sympa Oy
Address: Askonkatu 9 E, 15100 Lahti
Business ID: 1938597-5
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
3. What Categories of Personal Data Do We Process?
Sympa only processes personal data that is relevant for the purposes defined in this notice. The following types of personal data of job applicants can be processed:
Basic Information such as name, contact details, nationality and personal identification number
Competency related Information such as CV, certificates, education and work history
Application related information such as cover letter, points of interest and salary request
Evaluations made by Sympa’s employees involved in the recruitment process
Other information types such as:
- Picture (if sent in connection to the application Sympa Photo Policy)
- Security clearance and drug test related information
- IP address
- Other information about the job applicant (voluntary information). Permission to store personal data of possible referees must be acquired by the job applicant.
4. Which Sources Do We Use to Collect Personal Data?
Sympa collects your personal data primarily directly from you in the context of our recruitment process. Some of the personal data we process can be collected from open sources or third parties, such as recruitment companies or authorities.
5. Basis and Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data
Processing of your personal data is based on Sympa’s legitimate interest to carry out and manage recruitment process.
Sympa processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage and execute Sympa’s recruitment processes and to store data of potential jobseekers for future recruitment needs. This includes, among other things, evaluating jobseekers for recruitment purposes, contacting jobseekers and other job-related processes.
- Taking care of Sympa’s statutory obligations
If you have questions regarding to the processing purposes or the legal bases, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Transfers and Disclosures
At Sympa, access to your personal data is only given to employees who need access to the data based on their job role and duties. All Sympa employees are bound by a non-disclosure agreement. Your personal data is transferred or disclosed outside of Sympa in the following situations:
Sympa’s service providers Sympa uses service providers to operate its business and HR functions effectively. In connection to recruitment, we may use recruitment software, consultants and recruitment companies to help us find candidates for open positions. Sympa may provide you with a list of current third parties to whom personal data is transferred.
Such service providers process personal data on behalf of Sympa and only based on instructions provided by Sympa. Processing of your personal data carried out by a service provider is secured by agreements as required by applicable legislation.
In connection with our recruitment process, we may share personal data with Sympa group companies (meaning companies now or hereafter in control, controlled by or in common control with Sympa). Personal data is disclosed to authorities only if Sympa has a legal obligation to do so.
7. Transfers Outside of the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA)
Personal data is primarily stored within EU or EEA.
In cases, where your personal data would be transferred outside the EU or the European Economic Area, such as to Sympa UK, it is only done based on lawful grounds, for example if:
- the EU Commission has decided that the recipient country in question ensures an adequate level of protection;
- we have established appropriate safeguards for the transfer of personal data by using the standard data protection clauses approved by the Commission.
8. Principles for the Retention of Your Personal Data
Your personal data is retained as follows:
- If a job applicant submits an open application to Sympa, the application and personal data will be stored in the recruitment system for six months after the submission of the application, after which they will be removed – unless applicable legislation requires us to store the data for a longer period.
- If a job applicant applies for a particular open position, the application and personal data will be stored for six months after which they will be removed – unless applicable legislation requires us to store the data for a longer period.
9. Rights of a Data Subject in Relation to the Processing of Personal Data
As a data subject you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to receive information of the processing of your personal data;
- Right of access to your own personal data;
- Right to request us to correct or complete any inaccurate personal data;
- Right to request for the deletion of your personal data;
- Right to request for the restriction of processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- Right to request your personal data in structured and commonly used format and to have the data transferred to another data controller in certain circumstances;
- Right to object to processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
If you consider that the processing of your personal data by Sympa infringes your rights, you have the right to file a complaint to the national data protection supervisory authority.
Any request relating to the above-mentioned rights must be made in accordance with section “How to Contact” of this privacy notice.
10. How to Contact?
Would you have any questions about this privacy notice you may contact Sympa’s Data Protection Officer and the data protection team via email at DPO@sympa.com. If you wish to exercise your rights as a data subject, please contact Data Protection Officer at DPO@sympa.com.