Type: Paid Trainee position, 4-6 months
Location: Lahti, Finland
Starting date: Earliest April 2020
Our technology helps organizations every day to master their human resources data and to automate their HR processes, enabling businesses to concentrate on their most valuable asset: people.
There are about 30 people in our Product development team working in various software development and quality assurance roles. The team is based in Lahti. Within the company, we have colleagues also in Vantaa, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and the Netherlands.
Sympa is striving for fast international growth while maintaining the agility of a small business, and this shapes our work culture. Decisions are made fast, with flat hierarchy, and everyone is valued for themselves and for their skills.
As a developer trainee at Sympa you will have an opportunity to
- Get challenges to match your skills and to develop them
- Develop modern global cloud service that hundreds of thousands of people use every day
- Use the best tools and modern technologies (programming languages, frameworks, development tools) alongside a very talented (and fun) technology team
- Enjoy a relaxed, yet committed work atmosphere
- Work with sustainable pace and be able to focus to get the job done
- Work a flexible schedule and have time for your family and friends. In addition to enjoying our work we value our spare time. (And so does our employer!)
What do we value in our candidates?
- Programming skills, e.g. two years of studies in a degree program in Computer science/engineering or skills acquired otherwise
- Experience of working on software in a team
- Strong motivation, curiosity, hands-on approach and an eagerness to learn
- Proficiency in English
Some skill tags – you don’t have to know (or have even heard of) many of these, but if you have worked with some, bring it out in your application:
The person we are looking for is strongly motivated, curious and eager to learn.
Got your attention?
Great, now let us know who you are by sending us your CV and a short application letter. If you have previous projects, please link to them (e.g. Github profile) in your application letter or CV. We’d like you to outline your salary expectations and potential starting date in your cover letter. Please note that the position will be filled as soon as we’ve found the right candidate.
Our goal is to set HR professionals free from technology. That’s why we designed Sympa HR – a complete, global HR solution that lets our customers to focus on people and smart decision-making. With one of the highest customer satisfaction rates in HR technology in Europe, we are proud to be the fastest growing HR solution provider in the Nordics. Our mission is to grow profitably while having fun at work. Currently, we have more than 600 organisations around the world using Sympa HR as the secure and trusted backbone of their human resource operations. While we’ve grown into an international company, we know that great HR will always be both local and personal. That’s why we’ve sought out the very best people across Europe to develop our software and provide support – and there’s already more than 120 of us.